Overture is the online software we use to keep track of our bookings. It is also how our artists get the information they need to advance their shows.
Each member of the artist’s team who needs access to Overture will need a separate user account so they can log-in to the system. For example the manager, the tour manager and the artist. Not every member of a band will need a user account. They will have their own system for distributing information amongst themselves.
Each user is set to include or not include the financial information about the artist’s bookings.
The video above and this downloadable sheet show the artists how the user account looks and works for the artist. Check it out!
- Speak to your artist’s point of contact and work out how many user accounts they will need and which ones need to see the financial information.
- Direct the user to this blog post and ask them to download and read the info sheet and watch the video above.
- At the same time ask our administrator to issue user accounts for each individual and advise them what permissions each account needs.
- Each user will then receive an invite to join Overture and set a password.
- After this admin can set permissions in the back end, so they can see all three views as outlined in the video.
- You may need to take time on a phone or video call to go through the three views with the user.
- Encourage the user to set up a calendar feed to the calendar client of their choice.
P.S. There is a link to Overture in the bottom menu of our website.
P.P.S. One tip when using tablet or phone is to get the External User to add the Overture icon to their home screen. To do this on Apple products, when in Overture, tap the share button and scroll down to Add To Home Screen. On Android devices you click the three dots menu in Chrome and select Add To Home Screen.